Pittsfield Township Historical Society
 
Michigan  
  Go to Related Society
 

Farm Museums
   Sutherland Wilson Farm
Parks
   Pittsfield Preserve

Cemeteries
Grange Hall
   Local Foods
School Houses
Township Hall
Other Properties

Railroads
   Pittsfield Junction
Trails and Roads
Rivers and Streams

Archaeological Digs

Change Font Size:
Increase font size Decrease font size Restore default font size
 Carpenter School (Third), 1914-1952, Carpenter Road
Third Carpenter School

See: Second, 1854-1911

Location: Southwest of Packard and Carpenter Roads, at 3360 Carpenter Road, 4/10th mile south of Packard and just south of the Second Carpenter School site; the brick structure later became Ozzie's Furniture before being destroyed to make room for Carpenter Place.



Teacher with Her Students, Year Unknown

Captions: The Third Carpenter School as it appeared when occupied by Ozzie's Furniture. The teacher and students are: (back row) Edith Webb Leverett (teacher), Annie Krips, Mabel Snyder, Michael Krips, May Snyder, Maude Snyder; (front row) Bernard Chalmers, Richard Cross, Kenny Chalmers, and Viola Schroen. Click images for larger versions.

See: Fourth, 1952-
Carpenter School History

Jump to top of page  Top Link to this page  Link to this page