Pittsfield Township Historical Society
 
Michigan  
  Go to Related Society
 

Farm Museums
   Sutherland Wilson Farm
Parks
   Pittsfield Preserve

Cemeteries
Grange Hall
   Local Foods
School Houses
Township Hall
Other Properties

Railroads
   Pittsfield Junction
Trails and Roads
Rivers and Streams

Archaeological Digs

Change Font Size:
Increase font size Decrease font size Restore default font size
 Railroads of Pittsfield Township, Michigan
Train sitting at Pittsfield Junction Depot.

Caption: Train sitting at Pittsfield Junction Depot.

Map of Railroads in Washtenaw County

Click the above link, and note the four tracks in Pittsfield Township, two of which have been removed.

The upper dash line on the map shows the route along Packard Road of the Ypsi-Ann Interurban (1891).

The lower dash line represents the route along Michigan Avenue of Old Maud, the Saline-Ypsilanti interurban (1899).

The north-south line shows the current location of the Ann Arbor Railraod. The combined east-west solid and dashed line shows the route of the Detroit, Hillsdale and Indiana Railroad, which later became the Lake Shore and Michigan Southern (LS&MS), then the Michigan Central Railroad (MCR) and finally the New York Central (NYC). The short segment to Saline was taken over by the Ann Arbor Railroad, and currently serves the Visteon plant in Saline. A depot was located where these tracks cross, and was knwon as Pittsfield Junction.

Jump to top of page  Top Link to this page  Link to this page