Pittsfield Township Historical Society
 
Michigan  
  Go to Related Society
 

Farm Museums
   Sutherland Wilson Farm
Parks
   Pittsfield Preserve

Cemeteries
Grange Hall
   Local Foods
School Houses
Township Hall
Other Properties

Railroads
   Pittsfield Junction
Trails and Roads
Rivers and Streams

Archaeological Digs

Change Font Size:
Increase font size Decrease font size Restore default font size
 Pittsfield Preserve

In April 2002, the 535 acres that currently comprise the Pittsfield Preserve were acquired by Pittsfield Township. This area, along with the previously owned Palmer Park, will define Pittsfield Township, providing space for historic habitat; passive and active parks; and other township facilities. A portion of this space -- at the southeast corner of Morgan and Thomas Roads -- may become an Historic Town Center. This is where the original Town Hall (1853-1955) and old Town Hall School (1840-1957) were located. Entries that relate to the history of this significant area will be included here.

Map of Pittsfield Preserve

Table of Contents

Jump to top of page  Top Link to this page  Link to this page