Pittsfield Township is committed to documenting its past. An important tool in this process is archaeological digs. As these studies are undertaken and/or completed, related information will be included here.
Located on Morgan Road, just east of Thomas, Old Town Hall School served the community from 1852-1895, when a new school was constructed adjacent to it. This archaeological dig was planned and supervised by April Beisaw -- a professional archaeologist who specializes in rural school history. For background information on the school, please see the history of Town Hall School on our website. April's report will be posted here shortly. This dig was financed by the Pittsfield Township Historical Commission.