Pittsfield Township is committed to documenting its past. An important tool
in this process is archaeological digs. As these studies are undertaken and/or
completed, related information will be included here.
June 2003 - Dig at the site of Old Town Hall School
Located on Morgan Road, just east of Thomas, Old Town Hall School served
the community from 1852-1895, when a new school was constructed adjacent to it.
This archaeological dig was planned and supervised by
April Beisaw -- a professional archaeologist who specializes in
rural school history. For background information on the school, please see the
Town Hall School on our website. April's report will be posted here shortly. This
dig was financed by the Pittsfield Township Historical Commission.